Success Story Edmund Optics
Global Implementation Using united VARs
Edmund Optics is a leading producer of optics, imaging and photonics technology, support the R&D electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceuticals biomedical and military markets around the globe.
Edmund Optics’ products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics’ state-of-the art manufacturing capabilities, combined with its global distribution network, has earned it the position of the world’s largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components.
- Fully integrated CRM with excellent quoting functionality including parametric configuration.
- Well secured and fully functional interaction with Edmund Optics’ website with linked order entry.
- Fully integration PLM for approximately 30,000 items
- Full support of its make-to-stock philosophy with MRP and state-of-the-art intermittent-demand forecasting tools.
- Database extraction, business intelligence reporting and dashboard.
- Fully integrated solution to support worldwide operations, including multiple currencies and languages.
- Preconfigured solution based on best practices driven by ASAP – SAP’s powerful implementation methodology.
- SAP provides organizations, like Edmund Optics, the capability to implement the same proes across their worldwide operation.
- Long-term strategic partner.
- Global capability reach via united VARs to leverage a consistent approach and solution.
Industry: Life Sciences
Products: Optics, Imaging & Photonics Technology
Location: Barrington, NJ
Solution: SAP Business All-in-One with EzMed
for Edmund Optics / Benefits
- Improved operational visibility across Edmund Optics facilities
- Solid foundation for future initiatives which will improve operational effectiveness and control
- Standardized business processes across the organization
- Worldwide visibility of all inventory company wide as well as updating of pricing
Customers say it best....
"Answerthink and the united VARS network provided the global footprint necessary for Edmund Optics to launch SAP in 10 locations and in 7 countries around the globe"
Jeff Harvey, Sr. Director of IS, Edmund Optics, Inc.