- Oslo, Norway
- Company size
- > 500 employees
Statkraft AS Group is a leading player in global hydropower and is Europe's largest producer of renewable energy. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Statkraft has 3,800 employees in over 20 countries.
The way the world produces and consumes energy is changing fast. Statkraft's strategy is to increase and decrease efficiency in the market units it operates in - Europe, India and South America.
As part of their growth strategy, Statkraft had acquired companies in Brazil, Chile and Peru. The Group wanted to implement SAP ECC6 in these new offices and in its existing South American subsidiaries.
Project Overview: Global Hydropower Company, Statkraft, uses United VARs Alliance to Integrate Processes with Latin American Subsidiaries
Added Benefits for Statkraft:
- Their Latin American subsidiaries are now on the same business platform, adding more openness and opportunity for better day-to-day work and efficiency.
- Implementing ECC and integrating it with the Statkraft processes has them to make their own purchases, reduce the number of vendors they use and get better prices.
- Increase in accuracy and reduction in time to meet group consolidation reporting requirements.
- Differences in language, culture and time zones with the subsidiary.
- Brazil has complex reporting requirements so would need a lot of localisation.
- Upgrade from outdated legacy systems and manual processes to the same business processes and systems as the rest of the group.
- Achieve a high standard of accurate financial reporting in a faster time-frame.
- Be compliant with both country-specific regulations and group legal requirements.
Febuary 2017: RFI / RFP starts
March 2017: Project starts
January 2018: Brazil Go-Live
May 2018: Chile and Peru Go-Live
stronger than one