- Little Falls, New Jersey, USA
- Company size
- > 500 employees
Headquartered in New Jersey, USA, Cantel is a global leader in infection prevention products and services that improve outcomes and help save lives. Through an expansive portfolio of endoscopy, water purification and filtration, and healthcare disposables, Cantel helps millions of patients each year. Cantel wanted to standardize their financial and sales reporting by implementing SAP ByDesign with a Global template at one of their Australian subsidiary in Victoria. This happened at the same time as implementing SAP S/4HANA at their USA office.
Project Overview: Global implementation using United VARs
- Define the global template because Australia is the first Cantel subsidiary to implement SAP ByDesign with a standardisation.
- Migrating legacy systems.
- Needing to standardise their material master data, but also allow for products which are bought and sold locally.
- Two very different time zones giving only a 4-6pm USA time slot for meetings with the Australian team.
- Local requirement for additional bespoke reports.
Added Value for Cantel
- Implementing revenue recognition.
- Becoming compliant with the new International Accounting Standards.
- Australia is now running using the rules for a global template, which means Cantel can add new countries in a more integrated way so they can run balance and P&L globally. Cantel already had implemented SAP ByDesign in three subsidiaries, but because they were running separately the numbers weren’t visible at a global level.
Project Milestones supported by United VARs member
- 03/18: Project start USA (Seidor)
- 08/18: Australia Go-Live (DXC Oxygen)
“We went to a two-tier ERP strategy to optimize and gain visibility into country operations, to provide a right-sized system to countries and to gain speed and flexibility in how we reduce the number of operating ERPs around the world at Cantel.” Mike Casey, Global IT Lead | Cantel
United VARs members assisted with local implementation
stronger than one