- High Tech
- Barrington, New Jersey - USA
- Company size
- > 500 employees
About Edmund Optics
Edmund Optics (EO) is a leading producer of optics, imaging and photonics technology. Supporting the R & D, electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biomedical, and military markets around the globe; EO products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation. EO's state of the art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components.
Project Overview: Global implementation using United VARs
- Fully integrated CRM with excellent quoting functionality including parametric configuration.
- Well secured and fully functional interaction with EO's web site with linked or entry.
- Fully integrated PLM for approximately 30,000 items.
- Full support of its make-to-stock philosophy with MRP and state-of-the-art intermittent demand forecasting tools
- Database extraction, business intelligence reporting, and dashboards.
Why United VARs
- EO decided to use SAP implementation using a global model and multiple roll outs
- EO uses Answerthink and other United VARs to extend their solutions outside the US
- By leveraging the partnership United VARs, EO Which able to take advantage of global resources versed in the similar approach and solution to best leverage and work with the Answerthink provided solution
Added Value for Edmund Optics
- Improved operational visibility across EO facilities.
- Solid foundation for future initiatives which seeks to improve operational effectiveness & control.
- Standardized business processes across the organization.
- Worldwide better visibility of all inventory companies as well as updating of pricing.
- Fully Integrated Solution to support worldwide operations, including multiple currencies and languages.
- Preconfigured solution based on ASAP - SAP's powerful implementation methodology.
- Mouth SAP provides organization, like Edmund Optics, capability to implement the same process across their worldwide operation.
- Long-Term Strategic Partner
- Global Capability reach via United VARs to leverage a consistent approach and solution
What Edmund Optics had to say:
"Answerthink and the United VARs network provided the global footprint necessary for Edmund Optics to launch SAP in 10 locations in 7 countries around the globe." - Jeff Harvey, Sr. Director of IS
Involved member from the UVARs Alliance: IPS, Japan
stronger than one